Pages

Monday, December 29, 2014

Practice the Technques

Now, that I have learned different techniques I am going to include them into my drawings. Some subjects might be easier than others. For example, I can be better at drawing faces but I can't draw nature, and most of the time I try to avoid it. This section of the book helped me see different objects that I couldn't draw before.
The first object that I couldn't draw before are clouds. When I was drawing clouds, Willenbrink suggested to "use subtle value changes to show the shape and depth of their forms" (55). To achieve value changes I had to vary the type of pressure of my pencil strokes. It is also important to know the location of light source. I drew clouds in the sunlight, and sunlight is coming from the top so the clouds from the top appear lighter while the underside appear darker and showed. If it is hard for you to draw the clouds at first, take simple cotton balls and practice drawing cotton balls first.


Then, I was learning how to draw leafy tree. Willenbrink says that "trees may be the center of interest in a scene or just a background element" (56). When I was drawing the tree had to use variety of back-and-forth lines to suggests the leaves. To make shadows I did some lines darker some lighter.
Last, I tried to draw evergreen trees. To draw evergreen tree you apply same basic steps. To draw needles I had to use variety of back-and-forth staggered lines and some lines had to be darker than another to create shading and depth.

What are your favorite object/subjects to draw?

0 comments:

Post a Comment