Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

It's Begining To Taste A Lot Like Christmas

For me I've never really made any sort of Christmas treat besides those cookies with Santa on them that you just peal off as squares and pop them in the oven. But, this year I thought I would challenge myself and make a holiday treat that's something that I don't just buy, I want a holiday treat that is home-made.

As I searched through my baking book, Nestle Toll House Three Books In One, I came across a perfect holiday treat, peppermint bark! Peppermint bark is a delicious candy with two of the favorite holiday flavors, chocolate and peppermint! I decided this would be a perfect festive treat to make for family and friends.

As I began looking at the recipe I realized there were only all of two ingredients, "2 cups (12-ounce package) Nestle Toll House Premier White Morsels" and "24 hard peppermint candies unwrapped" (20).




Now although this seems like a time consuming treat to make, it takes only 3 steps. The one step that is somewhat difficult to do is having to "crush candied using rolling pin or other heavy object" (20). But besides this task, all you need to do to make peppermint bark is crush candies and melt chocolate! After I had melted "Nestle Toll House Premier White Morsels" (20), all I needed to do was mix the peppermint in the chocolate. After this, I just needed to wait and then it was ready to eat! I shared this with friends and family and they all loved it, including myself. I felt accomplishment in myself for making a yummy treat that wasn't just store bot.







Question: What is your favorite winter treat?

Citation:
Nestle. Toll House 3 Books In 1. N.p.: Nestle USA, inc, 2010. Print

4 comments:

  1. Making Christmas treats is like a family tradition for us! Peppermint bark is delicious! Maybe next season I'll have to try out the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! This isn't my family's traditional recipe, but they sure did love it, it might just have to be! Its great you should try it (:

      Delete
  2. The peppermint bark looks great! My favorite winter treat is any thing with peppermint so this looks great! Was there a certain temperature you had to heat the chocolate to or did you just wait until it was completely melted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The recipe said to heat the morsels over medium, but I realized the morsels were starting to burn a little bit, so I turned it down a bit to a low.

      Delete