Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Tacos



I really enjoyed making the tortillas from my last post so much that I actually made a second batch to make Puffy Taco Shells. Today, I felt like I wanted tacos, so I realized that the tortillas I made if not cooked could become taco shells.  As a refresher of what I needed to make the tortillas hear is what I needed to do. I only need 3 ingredients to make the tortillas.

  1. 2 cups of masa harnia
  2. 1/4 teaspoon salt
  3. 1 1/4 cups of warm water, plus more as needed.

I then needed to cut of clean plastic shopping bags, in which I needed two to make 8 inch circles. Then I used a bowl to mix all of the ingredients will gradually adding more water as needed. I continued to mix till the ingredients started to form a ball. One thing that I founded very important was that you let the dough sit for 20 minutes with a damp, not wet, but damp tea towel and it shouldn't become stiff during that period (Walsh). After rolling out the dough into 10 equal pieces, then I would heat a griddle over high heat. place one on and turn it over after 20 seconds. It didn't look right at first, but then  I re-read " They will look moist and be undercooked"(138). I then did this for the rest of the tortillas. This made then moist so you can be able to mold it into a regular looking taco shape, which we all know. Overall, I really enjoyed making the tortillas into absolutely delicious tacos. Is there anything else I could add to make them not as easily breakable?

Walsh, Robb. Texas Eats. New York: Ten Speed, 2012. Print

0 comments:

Post a Comment