Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Making the New Year delicious

Every New Year's my parents have big party at our house and of course there is a lot of yummy food! This year I decided I would contribute to the deliciousness by making a unique snack with following the recipe from my Toll House, 3 Books In One Cookbook by Nestle.

The treat is called Confetti Bars. This snack has "Chunk Cookie Bar, miniature marshmallows, milk chocolate-covered pretzels, broken into pieces, rainbow pretzels, Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels" (191). Now although this treat sounds like a carb over load, it's okay, you can eat better next year!

Although you are supposed to buy the cookie dough, I decided I wanted this to be a more authentic recipe and make the cookies from scratch.

After I had made the cookie dough, I followed to directions of baking the cookie dough for 12 minutes and then I did the next step, which was to "Sprinkle marshmallows over cookie; bake for an additional 2 minutes or until marshmallows were puffed" (191). After this I "Distribute pretzels, sprinkles and morels over marshmallows" (191).



After all of the treats were on top of the cookie I was finished and just needed to wait for everything to harden. Once everything was cooled off I cut the cookie in to pieces and set it out for everyone to eat.

I had gotten lots of compliments on this treat and was glad I had taken the time to make a unique yummy treat for this New Years celebration.

Question: What was your favorite treat this on this New Years?

Citation:
Nestle. Toll House 3 Books In 1. N.p.: Nestle USA, inc, 2010. Print


2 comments:

  1. Your recipe looks great! I like that you decided to make the cookie dough from scratch instead of buying it. My favorite New Year treat was a quiche I had at a party. I'd never had a quiche before and I was surprised at how tasty it was, but your recipe looks even better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! I've never had a quiche before, but sounds interesting!

      Delete