Pages

Friday, December 26, 2014

Details, Details, Details

When taking a picture, most people take them from the same angle and distance. By getting close and personal with your subject, you can create amazing images. The author of this book creates images with only using her iPhone, and shows that details can create very interesting and intriguing pictures. "Try to create an interesting image series by varying your distance and giving extra attention to important details." (Holmberg 76)



I used this tips by creating a type of macro shot with my camera. I also kind of cheated with my pictures and used a lens that lets your camera create macro shots, but it does connect to my iPhone. Using this lens as a cheat cheat, I was able to focus even more on details and blur out parts of my subject that were less important.

Using the tip "The truth is in the details" (Holmberg 76), I took pictures to focus on the details that most people don't pay attention to; I focused mainly on objects that you see in your everyday life but don't bother to take pictures of. Using different ways to take detailed pictures, I filled the frame and added depth into my pictures.



What type of picture should I take next? What suggestions do you have?



Citation: Holmberg, Martina. Sixty Tips for Creative iPhone Photography. Santa Barbara, CA: Rocky Nook Inc. 2012

4 comments:

  1. I found your post really interesting, I loved how you took pictures of the basic things that we see everyday and they turned out perfect. I'm not really good at photography and I don't know much about photography but looking at your posts I've learned that you can take quality pictures with a phone using different distances or angles. I will definitely try these out with my phone and see how they turn out.
    I love the objects that you took pictures of. My suggestion would be taking pictures of some type of animal, those always turn out pretty cool (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kennedi! Honestly, everyone has a different take on photography and I'm sure that your skills are just as good! Also thank you for the suggestion, I'll be sure to try that out and see how it turns out!

      Delete
  2. I never realized how nice of quality picture an Iphone can take. These are really good pictures with lots of amazing detail. I love the idea of the Macro shot and getting super close up. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lillia! I honestly didn't think so either, but it amazes me to see how much camera phone quality has improved throughout the years. I definitely think that macro shots are really cool too!

      Delete