Pages

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

COOKIES FOR SANTA! ((:

I'm pretty sure Santa gets tired of eating plain old chocolate chip cookies from every house every year... I know I would.

That's exactly why, this Christmas eve, I've decided to make cream cheese cookie cut outs! I have always wanted to try cream cheese cookies cause it sounds really good and I wanted to involve Christmas in my baking by using festive cut out shapes for my cookies.

Ingredients

So the first thing I did was beat together the butter, cream cheese. sugar, egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract in one bowl [pic 1]. Then in a separate bowl I combined flour and baking powder [pic 2]. And lastly I added the flour and baking powder to the other bowl and beat it together.


(1)
(3) and combine
(2)

Once it was beat together it made a dough which I cut in half as instructed and wrapped separately in plastic wrap.

"Refrigerate for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours" (18). The reason I quoted that particular line is because normally you are supposed to leave dough out at room temperature to rise; but the instructions informed me to refrigerate. I didn't know you could do this so I learned something new (the dough stuck together more when it was refrigerated.)

(4)
Once my dough had been sitting for 2 hours I rolled it out, one half at a time. And lastly, I used my festive cookie cutters and into the oven they went!


(5)
(6)


Finished Product:

I forgot to get sprinkles so they look really plain.



Questions:
1. Have you ever made something else besides chocolate chip cookies for Santa?
or
2. What's your favorite winter holiday dessert and why?







10 comments:

  1. Your cookies look great! Whenever I try to make these kind of cookies they come out burnt around the edges. My favorite holiday dessert would be Cannoli's. They are a tradition for my family that on Christmas eve we have them with candied fruit and chocolate chips. My family is also Italian so it is somewhat a traditional holiday dish for us to have. Great job on your cookies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Maybe i'll try to make Cannoli's some time. I've heard of them but have never tried them before.

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of cream cheese cookies, but they look good! My family has never made chocolate chip cookies on Christmas, they always made sugar cookies. Sugar cookies were always easy to decorate and cut out like these cookies so that is why my parents choose sugar cookies every year. My favorite holiday dessert would probably be pumpkin pie and apple pie because I love pumpkin and apple. We usually get the pumpkin pie from Costco because my family loves Costco's dessert, and my auntie usually makes the apple pie from scratch which my family loves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kennedi!
      My dad usually makes pumpkin pie and my grandma apple, it's bomb! I also really like sugar cookies, maybe i'll make that next year.

      Delete
  3. My family has made a wide range of different cookies for Santa when I was younger: from white chocolate macadamia to peanut butter. When baking cookies or other desserts there are a lot of different types of scientific branches that are used to create the end result such as heat and chemical reactions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. White chocolate macadamia is my favorite! I usually don't think of baking as a science though and just bake it and follow the recipe.

      Delete
  4. your cookies look really good! But to answer your question, my favorite winter holiday dessert has to be also cookies, especially when it's chocolate chip cookies and had came from the oven, and it's all gooey and soft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon! I agree that chocolate chip cookies are the best straight from the oven, and with some vanilla ice-cream it's the best.

      Delete
  5. MMMMMMM Jazel where's mine? These cookies look delicious and it looks like you had fun making them too! I love baking and its always fun to here about new recipes that I can try. I also like to leave behind carrots for Santa's reindeer! They get tired too ya know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abby maybe i'll save some for you next time. Also that's a good idea to leave behind the carrots, i'll do that next year for sure.

      Delete