Pages

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Dog Language

Dogs are a lot like humans, they have signs that allow you to communicate with them in a different way. Some posses a dog does are to express their emotions towards the situation. In the book Marley and Me, the author describes how Marley uses her posses to express his emotions. One of these posses was when he wiggles his entire body to show his excitement for the activity. John Grogan, the author, describes the posture of Marley when he brings out a ball to play, "Marley didn't actually wag his tale. He more wagged his whole body, starting with the from shoulders and working backwards" (25). This is how Marley shows that he wants to play with his owner.



My dog uses this skill all the time to let us know that she wants to play. I figured out that she mostly does it when we have company over. When its just my family home she usually sleeps the entire day; the second a new person walks through the door she gets excited. I was able to capture this moment when a guest was over at our house, she became more excited than she ever is.


 If you have a dog are there any special skills that your dog has that let you know about their feelings?



2 comments:

  1. My dog will usually sit by the door, stare at me angrily and growl if she has to do her business xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen that before, that's cool communication your dog has learned. At my house we keep a routine for my dog so she can use the bathroom

      Delete