Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Making a deer drag (not just for deer)

In The Total Outdoorsman Guide by T. Edward Nickens, the 244th item in the guide is about making a drag with which one can move more weight around without having to work very much. The materials the guide says to use is 2 black plastic pallet sheets, a grommet tool, 20 feet of parachute cord, and 10 feet of drag rope. For the sake of convenience, I used a pre-made tarp rather than using the grommet tool to connect the two pallet sheets together to make my own. Some other uses for this include moving large amounts of wood for a fire or just out of the way, moving a person if they have to be moved but can't on their own, and more that people other than myself have probably thought up. Just a extra note, you don't have to use parachute cord or drag rope, really any rope will work so long as 1. it fits in the grommets, and 2. the rope is strong enough for what you want to drag. The last picture is of me dragging my younger brother around in the drag that I made.





Works Cited: 
T. Edward Nickens, The Total Outdoorsman Guide,. Weldon Owen Inc. 2013

1 comments:

  1. I have to disagree with your opening; if you were to drag a deer back to camp, then you would have to "work very much." Still I like your blog Colin. Is this a school assignment?

    ReplyDelete