Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Face to Face with "The Effortless Siren"

I first began "The Effortless Siren" look by doing my eyebrows. After concealing my brows and moisturizing my face; I started on my eyes. Which with this look, was "the main attraction" or "center of attention" in which; is located on the eyes.
First; used my eyeshadow primer as usual to prime my eyelids and then started by applying a light brown. The key to applying dark eyeshadow is starting at with a lighter color then building up to a darker shade you want. If you first start with a dark color, it will leave a "patchy" look on your eyelids which is considered, a rookie mistake. Once I was finished applying the dark eyeshadow to my lids, I then took a light brown and blended that into the crease of my eye, that way; an ombre effect will take place after applying the transitional color to under the brow. Alyssa Giaobbe says "after apply a dark shade to her crease, I gave her a swipe of mascara" (Giaobbe198). In which, I did. Alyssa recommended this because to much mascara can make the eyelashes clump together and look rather... Unpleasant, which is the opposite purpose of what makeup is used for.
I found this look rather easy to replicate. In the end, she just applied a lot of dark eye color and bronzer to her face. There wasnt much more than that. Alyssa does recommend this look to be used to go out with. "Ultimately, this is a great day-to-evening makeup look" (Giacobbe198).














In the end, this look is something I would rather not wear outside of the house. I don't believe this darker look suits me as well as some. But at least I was able to look in an effortless siren.




#makeup #bronzer #eyeshadow #highlight #foundation







2 comments:

  1. Emily Tucker, I think this makeup look suites you, the darker more dramatic shadows look good with your eyes and make them pop, the more dramatic look is really in right now. If you think it's a little too dramatic you can do a pink or pastel-ish colored lip to offset it but if its still to dramatic maybe just wear it for special occasions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this look with the shape and color of your eyes, since you seem to have more hooded eyelids which look super good with dramatic eyeshadow looks!

    ReplyDelete