Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Where to Fish

When ice is melting, ponds and small lakes are grate places to fish.  Because of shallow depths of water the fish mainly trout are rarely far away from the shore.  But before you pick a spot and start casting out you need to make sure you know how to look for the ideal location that will increase your odds of catching a fish even more.

According to The Essential Fishing Handbook “The best spot to catch a variety of fish is in creeks because of their spawning habitats and that’s where they lay their eggs.” (Cermele 54) I would have to agree with him because from my experience when fishing salmon.  My dad and I have caught the most when in creeks and by the shallow banks.


Considering that, I am mostly a bass angler I prefer to fish in weedbeds because that is where most of the bass like to hang out because of the shade caused by all the plants. Another good place I like to fish is underneath docks and by broken Boulders in the water.



Where do you like to fish and why?

Works Cited

Cermele Joe, The Essential Fishing Handbook,. weldonown, 2016

1 comments:

  1. Its not really located in the weed-beds where you fish but my family and i like to fish near the end of a waterfall stream, the calm area at the end because it where most of the fish reside after coming or going up the stream and plus they like swimming in clam area.

    ReplyDelete